Saturday, January 5, 2013

PaerHaus Dt project

Hello all!! Here to share with you an Off the Page Project tutorial with you. These are so fun to do and if you haven't tried one now is the time to try!! I created this for PaperHaus Magazine .
Here is a photo of the finished project. I made the flower at the top right and tucked a Prima wooden clock behind it. Also used a Vintage trinket. The bottom left flower is a Prima along with some other flowers from my stash.
 Here is another photo of it opened with different shaped pockets and the various tags!
 First decide on which project you would like to use. I used a Kasiercraft wooden book.
 Then choose which paper you would like to use. I used some Prima. Then measure and cut paper to fit. This happened to be an 8x8 project so it was very easy to cut the paper to fit. Be sure to cover both sides.
 Then adhere the paper using your favorite adhesive. Be careful to keep the paper in order in which it goes on. I used a pattern that I could cut down the middle and it would show up on both sides of the cover.
 Once you have adhered the paper distress the edges and if your distressing tool won't fit on the edges just use some old scissors.
Then of coarse ink if desired!!
 Now here is where it gets really fun...you can ink, mist, gesso, use gelatos or whatever you like to add some texture or color to your project. I happened to use some gesso, a stencil and paint for this one.

 Once you have your background to where you are happy it is time to add some pockets to fit tags and whatever you decide to put in them. I like to cut different shapes, like a "V" or use some designer scissors to make the top edge of the pocket. This one I chose a "V" shape.
 Then add some lace and pearls for the edge of the pocket. I decided to stencil a little flourish and I cut out the beautiful word, inked the edges and added some bling.
Make pockets on each side and the middle of the inside and then the fun part....making some tags for all the pockets.  Leave some spaces for little pictures and some spaces to journal on. It is easier than you think to make these and they are really a blast to make. Need some inspiration?? Go to the magazine and look around, you will find more than a ton there!!! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and if you have any questions please just ask!!
Hope you are having a wonderful start to the new year!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is beyond gorgeous, Lisa! And thanks for the photo tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, love the tutorial so thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to say I'd love to know how you made the flower, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning and great tutorial, wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

New "Grab Bags" in the store..

Hi there, Hope everyone is having a fantastic day...Here in California we have not really had a winter yet...waiting on some most needed ra...