Sunday, September 9, 2012

Adding a little texture to our projects

Hello...I hope you are having a great weekend. I know there is texture tutorials out there but I thought I would share how I add mine sometimes. The supplies I used are gesso, paint brush and sheet rock net. I think that is what it's called. Here is a pic of what I used.
I first cut the "net" to a shape I liked then placed it on my project. This is really easy to do.
Then I started to add my gesso with the paint brush and be sure to leave the edges uneven.

So it looks like this.
Then you will slowly peel the net off.
And now you have some texture. You can use anything like this net stuff to get different results. The possibilities are endless!!
This is the layout I used this technique on...oh and after you peel the net off you can place it somewhere else on the paper and get the reverse effect. I did this in the top left hand corner. Thank you for stopping by!!
Have a wonderful week!!!



5 comments:

  1. Great idea Lisa, I need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, definitely will try this one. LOL did you also know that the drywall screening makes the best polisher for rough skin on your feet! Honestly! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is a great idea will have a try on day. hugs magi

    ReplyDelete

New "Grab Bags" in the store..

Hi there, Hope everyone is having a fantastic day...Here in California we have not really had a winter yet...waiting on some most needed ra...