Saturday, March 9, 2013

PaperHaus DT tutorial!!!

Hello, I am sharing a simple tag tutorial for you today. You can use any tag die or even hand cut one. I also used a flower die and again any flower die will do also, I did hand cut the leaves in different sizes. I used the Sizzix-frame back, ornate #3. I love this die!!!!
So punch out your die and flower shapes. I used the Kaiserkraft "Pink Gelato" collection for the tag shape and white card stock for the flowers and leaves. These are the color stains I wanted to use.
 Then spray your flowers and leaves so the stain blends better and always start with the lightest color first.
 Here you can see I used the Spun Sugar first.
 Hen I added The Lemonade stain and after that I added the Broken China. I used Peeled Paint for the leaves. Then while the flowers are damp I like to scrunch them up and shape the leaves some. Let them dry either by themselves or a heat gun.
 Then after they are dry I like to unravel them and if they need it shape the petals a little. I also like to draw  the veins on the  leaves.
 So when you are assembling the flowers always off set the petals. This makes the flower look more realistic. I used a small sun punch for the center and the added a pearl to the center of that. Then glue on the tag and you are done. If you use light paper you can journal over the top or you can add this to a card!!!
 Here is the finished tag. So many possibilities!!! Have a great weekend and thank you for visiting!!!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I've just given you an award because you always inspire me, you can see it at my blog
    http://kiandra-kreations.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi loved the flower tutorial, am going to make some of these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

New "Grab Bags" in the store..

Hi there, Hope everyone is having a fantastic day...Here in California we have not really had a winter yet...waiting on some most needed ra...